Dental Cleaning & Check Ups
During your regular preventive appointments, you’ll receive two very important services our team uses to safeguard smiles of all ages every day. A “checkup” is basically an oral exam, in which we will look at your teeth, gums, bite, jaw, and existing dental work so he can catch potential issues during their earliest stages. And with a dental cleaning, one of our hygienists will expertly remove harmful plaque and tartar deposits from your teeth, specifically targeting those areas of your mouth that your brush and floss can’t reach at home. We recommend that everyone should have at least two checkups and cleanings each year.
Post operative instructions after Scaling/Cleaning of the Teeth:
- Sensitivity of the teeth is normal after scaling. Use desensitizing tooth paste and desensitizing mouth washes. It is transient and will be normal in about two to three weeks.
- Bleeding from gums – It might increase temporarily because dirt/calculus bacteria is removed from gum line. Gum inflammation will take about one to two weeks to settle. Continue brushing twice daily and night time flossing. Use gum ointments/gum paint 4–5 times per day after food.
- Large gaps/spaces in between the teeth where there bone loss is advanced can be maintained with special type of tooth brush – interdental tooth brush and proxa tooth brush
- Never use tooth picks which will cause injury and infection of the gums thereby increasing the gap between the teeth.
- Use only soft or super soft tooth brush and follow proper brushing technique